What are The Different Types of Dental Braces?
When you think about an Orthodontic treatment or Braces, you probably imagine a mouth full of metal brackets and wires. After all, getting a Dental Braces Treatment in Rancho Mirage is to create a beautiful smile. We at Center for Orthodontics, strive to offer Dental Braces treatment to our patients. The different types of dental braces that are available at our Dental Office are as follows:
- Traditional Braces: Often also called Metal Braces, Traditional Braces have two essential components. Firstly, these are the metal bracket that is applied to the teeth. Secondly, the metal wires that are threaded through the brackets apply pleasure to the teeth and move them to the correct position. This type of Braces in Palm Desert is least expensive and is more commonly used today.
- Ceramic Braces: These are a very popular alternative to metal braces. These brackets are made out of ceramic material that has the same color as teeth. Due to this color, it’s difficult to see the ceramic brackets on the teeth. Our Palm Desert Orthodontist only uses wires that match the color of the patient’s teeth, so that both the brackets and wires are virtually impossible to see. This Braces in Cathedral City are more expensive than the traditional braces and offer Faster Braces Treatment in Cathedral City.
- Self-Ligating Braces: Self-Ligating Braces are very similar to the traditional and ceramic braces. It also makes use of brackets and wire systems. It uses brackets with clips or doors that hold on to less food and causes less pain than other types of braces. Choosing these braces gives frequent replacement, adjustment, and fever dental check-ups.
- Lingual Braces: Unlike the traditional and ceramic braces, lingual braces are attached to the backside of the teeth instead of the front side. Both metal and ceramic brackets wires are used for the treatment, but they are not visible from the outside of the mouth. But, they can be spotted when the wearer opens their mouth. However, they are less effective than traditional braces and take a longer time to achieve the results.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is the most common and successful system of Braces in Twentynine Palms. While the Palm Desert Invisalign might not be the ideal treatment for every patient, but they provide several benefits. It’s the most distinct type of braces because it doesn’t involve any brackets and wires but uses a series of custom made clear aligners that covered over the teeth. This Clear Braces in Palm Desert is easy to remove and replace with the next aligners every two weeks. It usually requires 18 to 30 different aligners to achieve the desired result. Most of the adults and teenagers prefer this Orthodontist Braces in Palm Spring because it is invisible and allows greater freedom to eat and drink.
Which of these options is right for you? Talk to our Rancho Mirage Orthodontist Dr. Mina Narula about your treatment option by calling us at 760-340-2026 and schedule an appointment today.